Import games on a US SNES
Bari Sax Girl
2003-07-06 15:19:35 UTC
Does anyone have experience with modifying a US SNES to take import
cartridges from Europe or Japan?
Mike Saucedo
2003-07-07 17:23:29 UTC
Post by Bari Sax Girl
Does anyone have experience with modifying a US SNES to take import
cartridges from Europe or Japan?
Completely off-topic, and I'm so sorry, but... Every time I read your name
my brain sees it as Bar sex girl.
Bari Sax Girl
2003-08-06 01:52:53 UTC
This concludes me to believe that you, sir, are a monkey.

BarI SAX Girl
Pete Taylor
2003-08-06 08:56:29 UTC
Post by Bari Sax Girl
Post by Mike Saucedo
my brain sees it as Bar sex girl.
This concludes me to believe that you, sir, are a monkey.
BarI SAX Girl
Sorry, I have to ask, what is "Bari Sax Girl"? Is it your name, or does it
mean something?

Pete
Bari Sax Girl
2003-08-06 22:24:26 UTC
It's just my nick on the internet.
I have a website : http://www.geocities.com/ssj_chocobo/

I'm a saxophonist, and I love Bari.

Anyway, back to more SNES talk!
Post by Pete Taylor
Pete
Pete Taylor
2003-07-21 09:27:09 UTC
Post by Bari Sax Girl
Does anyone have experience with modifying a US SNES to take import
cartridges from Europe or Japan?
I know that if you snap the little plastic tabs off inside the cartridge
slot you can insert Japanese games and they will play no problems. I tried
to do this with my SNES years ago, but really didn't have the heart to
damage it in the end!!! (That and the fact that when I tried to "snap" the
plastic I found that it was far too flexible and actually "bends" so it
didn't seem to want to snap off!)

Pete
Bari Sax Girl
2003-08-06 01:54:38 UTC
That seems to be the consensus everywhere I've looked. On occasion, there
is a converter on Ebay that could be inserted to into a US SNES and play PAL
or Super Famicon carts. Does anyone have one of these?

-Bari Sax Girl
Pete
Pete Taylor
2003-08-06 08:54:14 UTC
Post by Bari Sax Girl
That seems to be the consensus everywhere I've looked. On occasion,
there is a converter on Ebay that could be inserted to into a US SNES
and play PAL or Super Famicon carts. Does anyone have one of these?
-Bari Sax Girl
I do, but unfortunately it is far too valuable to me for me to want to sell
it. Sorry. The real kick in the teeth for you is that I used to have 2 of
the things, but one of them has gone missing....

Pete
Bari Sax Girl
Pete
Pete Taylor
2003-08-08 13:18:54 UTC
Post by Bari Sax Girl
Right. Where'd you get it? Ebay? Just curious as to how someone
comes across something like that.
I got my converter when I was a young(er) lad at school, back in 1993 when
they were readily available!

:o)

Wish I'd bought more of them as a future investment....

I did have the idea of making some new ones based on the one that I have at
home, but copyright (and the fact that it didn't work for the new wave of
protected games and Mode7 games such as Mario Kart) has made me think that
it's not really worth it!

Pete