SNES comeback
Shane D. Maudiss
2003-11-29 23:46:15 UTC
Since the Gamecube is a huge flop, Nintendo decided to bring back the
SNES with some improvements for only $30.
Pete Taylor
2003-12-01 11:42:08 UTC
Post by Shane D. Maudiss
Since the Gamecube is a huge flop, Nintendo decided to bring back the
SNES with some improvements for only $30.
Only in the wet dreams of a select few mature gamers...

;o)
The Overlord Xenu
2003-12-05 01:24:32 UTC
Post by Shane D. Maudiss
Since the Gamecube is a huge flop, Nintendo decided to bring back the
SNES with some improvements for only $30.
I seriously doubt Nintendo would sell any product for $30 dollars or
less, but saying they did what improvements would be included in this
new SNES? (Have to keep the dream alive somehow)
Pete Taylor
2003-12-05 10:14:32 UTC
Post by The Overlord Xenu
Post by Shane D. Maudiss
Since the Gamecube is a huge flop, Nintendo decided to bring back the
SNES with some improvements for only $30.
I seriously doubt Nintendo would sell any product for $30 dollars or
less, but saying they did what improvements would be included in this
new SNES? (Have to keep the dream alive somehow)
They could do something like the iQue! That would be fantastic,
especially if it were compatible with existing SNES carts.

But then how about having the SNES hardware on a single chip which sits
inside a near replica of the SNES joypad? Let's call it SNES2! You could
then sell the original games for around $10 and they would come in small
GBA-style cartridges which you plug into the SNES2!

The SNES2 would then plug into the SCART socket of your TV and draw its
power from the TV (not sure if this bit is faesible though! It would
depend on current consumption, but this is my dream so I'll carry on
fantasising!). There would be small USB ports on each SNES2 and you
could simply link SNES2's together for 2-player (or even 4-player games)
with the option of having a TV per SNES2 or all the SNES2's running
through one "master" SNES2 that is connected to a single TV.

Just to extend the multiplayer idea further, for split-screen games
(such as Mario Kart) you could have some intelligence to the SNES2
hardware so that each SNES2 knows which player you are, and which part
of the screen you are playing on, then if you have 2 SNES2's linked
together with a TV for each SNES2, you could have your part of the
screen stretched onto the TV giving a full-sized view!

WOW! I'm getting excited now! LOL!

What's sad is that Nintendo have the resources and knowledge to be able
to do this, but it is never likely to happen... :o(

Pete
Pete Taylor
2003-12-09 10:39:42 UTC
Post by Pete Taylor
Post by The Overlord Xenu
Post by Shane D. Maudiss
[...]
As an addendum to this, how about instead of all the leads, you could
have a SCART plug the same size as any other, only this one contains a
Bluetooth Tx/Rx module! The SNES2 could then be powered from a mobile
phone battery. All SNES2's could communicate with each other via
Bluetooth for multiplayer games, and all related setups could be
performed on the TV screen.

The SNES2 could be cross-compatible with GBA games too, so that you get
all the new stuff as well as the classics....

WOW!! Are you listening Nintendo???!!!
Chris Simpson
2004-04-30 05:06:22 UTC
The game cube is not a flop where do you get your info? I would love to
buy a NEW SNES for $30....